Monday, November 30, 2009

Nicholas Back in VT

Hi, everyone!

Nicholas flew back to Vermont today. He still has his daily struggles but is recovering well!

Katie has had a little set back. They discovered that she has some kind of infection. It could be fungal or viral. They have to run some tests, and the results won't be available for a few days. In the meantime they've put her back on the vent to help her breathe. The way Sarah described it is that her little body just can't do everything at once. It's hard for her to fight an infection, breathe on her own, and do all of the other things that seem easy but are actually tough chores for her little body, like eat, digest, etc. We've seen so much strength in this little girl and know that she will continue to pull through. Nicholas and Anna will show her how, I'm sure!

Anna is doing great. She's still on C-PAP and eating well. Sarah says she has the cutest, fat, little cheeks! I can't wait to see them! As soon as I have new pics, I'll post them.

Sarah is without internet right now, so I'll continue to update as I hear anything new. We're going to try to meet up with Sarah and Louie this week for dinner, and I'll be sure to get lots of new info!

Love to you all,
Gretch

4 comments:

Barb L. said...

I am glad to hear the last of the children made it thru Boston surgery with flying colors.I pray daily that they will continue to grow and get stronger with each passing day.Your entire family is amazing,Sarah,I am very happy that you have such an awesome network of people to support you both. Those babies are absolutly beautiful. I cannot wait to see them in person. Take care and remember we are all thinking of you often!!

Unknown said...

Glad Nicholas is back with his sisters. Prayers for you all tonight and a special prayer for Katie. We Love You All ! Uncle Tony + Aunt Sher

April Smith said...

I am so glad that Nicholas did well with surgery and that he is continuing to recover well. I am sorry that Katie is having issues. I hope that they resolve quickly and that she is soon back to breathing unassisted. Please know that you all remain in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

hey sarah and loui glad to hear nicholas is back with his sisters and doing well. katies a strong little gurl hope she gets better soon.glad to hear annas still doing great.cant wait to see more pics.cant wait to see u guys.thoughts and prayers. love to all.

love sarah cliff nathan shawn keegan