Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Headed to BOSTON...

Hello everybody,

Just got back for the night from the NICU, they decided today that Katie's development is at a stand still unless the surgical procedure is done on her heart to close the flap. So the plan will be that a cardiac intensive care team from Boston's Childrens Hospital will fly in tomorrow around 11am to Burlington Airport. They have a jet not a helicopter that is a flying intensive care unit, the trip for Katie is 40 minutes in the air and they will begin the procedure right away once they arrive at the hospital in Boston. Weather tomorrow may delay the trip but we ofcourse won't know until the morning if the team will fly with the possibility of snow in the area. Katie will most likely be in Boston anywhere from 3-7days for recovery, she needs to be strong enough to be flown home (Fletcher Allen.) Louie will stay behind with Anna and Nicholas, it was a hard decision to split up but with 3 kids all needing our support we felt it was the only way. My mother is going with me thank goodness because this morning I was going alone. My Katie is strong and will pull through just fine I know this!!! Keep us in your prayers.

Nicholas and Anna are doing well. Anna has slowly started to respond to her 2 steroid treatments so far and has shown stabilization with all the other concerns she is dealing with daily, she is eating over 2cc's of breast milk, much more than her brother and tolerating feeds just fine. Nicholas I believe may have started his steroid treatment today but has also been doing well with feeds and has had a better day than yesterday and the night before-a few vent alarms today but not so many to make me hide in the corner like a couple days ago, boy those get scary!

So off to Boston tomorrow weather permitting and I will update as soon as possible. Thanks again for all the encouraging comments and big hugs to all of you!!! God Bless and be well.

Love,
Sarah, Louie, Anna, Katie, and Nicholas

10 comments:

Brandy and Travis said...

Sarah, I wish I could just wrap my arms around you and hold you until all of this is over and you are all safe at home! I hate that we can't be there with you... Those babies are so strong, and there's not an ounce of doubt in my mind as to where they get it!!! Love you! -Brandy trav and the munchkins

jennifer said...

Sara and Louie,
We all are sending prayers your way. We pray that all your babies continue to grow and be healthy and that you both have the strenght to get through this. Everything will turn out great. Looking forward to seeing those cuties when they come home
Love to both of you.
Jen and Al

Dawn Aria said...

Sarah and Louie: What sweet pictures! I love the ones with little Anna holding your finger. They are growing so much already and how wonderful to see their beautiful eyes.
I know in my heart Katies surgery will go perfectly and when she comes back she will start thriving and growing strong. We will all be with you guys in spirit. Much love and prayers coming your way. God Bless--Love, Dawn, Al and the gang xoxo

fayfamily said...

Our Prayers are continuing today. I woke up really early this morning and all I could think and pray about was all of you but especially katie. Boston is wonderful. They will take great care of her. Louie stay strong with those other two! You are a wonderful dad! Sarah have a safe trip. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Keep us updated! even if it's just a quick note! Love you all
Jon, kim, Blake and Jenna

Anonymous said...

Sarah & Louie,
First thank goodness for Mom's,with you when you need them the most. We will be praying for all of you in this special time. Stay strong as you have been, have a safe trip. Look forward to a quick update if you have time. Lorraine & Bill MIhill

Barb L. said...

My prayers of quick recovery are going with you.They will also continue to be with Louie here.Love seeing the pics,your little miracles are so beautiful. I am so glad your Mom can go with you. Keep up the positive energy, You are a inspiration to many people.

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with Katie..
Love: Trisha, Eric, and Ryan

Unknown said...

Sarah and Louie,
I think about you guys and your babies all the time. They are all so beautiful! I can see the love you have for them in your eyes. They are precious little miracles and I pray for them everyday. I loved the pics of Anna with her eyes open! It's great seeing how much they've grown. I can't wait til you all come home. Give them hugs and kisses for me and stay strong.
Love your sis,
Jeannette

Unknown said...

Sarah, I just want you to know my prays are with you and Katie. I wish you guys a safe tip. You are in my hear always and keep your chin up. Love you and many prays to Louie, Nicholas, and Anne also. Hugs to all.

April Smith said...

Have a safe trip. I will be saying a ton of prayers for you and Katie. Feel free to call me if you need an ear during surgery...I know that the waiting is always the worst. Please know that you are constantly in my prayers...524-1736