Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hospital Update...

Hello everybody!!! Well Katie and I are still here at Fletcher Allen, she is being fed now through a nasal feeding tube to help give her throat a break while they decide on which type of surgically placed stomach feeding tube to place. We are at the Vermont Childrens Hospital and they have been just great to us which makes being away from home easier since we are approaching 2 wks now since we have been home. Katie is getting great care and they are trying every possible treatment before they have to go in and perform surgery on her. Katie's diagnosis is Laryngomalacia and damage to the Recurrent Laryngeal Nerve during her heart surgery. Big words but basically meaning that her airway and throat are compromised at this time until healing takes place which could be 6 months or longer. She is such a strong baby and soon she will be healing and peaceful.

Anna and Nicholas are doing fantastic! Nicholas now weighs 9lbs 13ounces and Anna is 8lbs 15ounces, and growing stronger and stronger everyday. I get pictures by cell phone most every day and I can't believe how they are growing and changing in just a week and a half...Boy do I miss my children. We thankfully have so much help from our family around the clock since as you can imagine we are very busy. I am so blessed!

Well I will keep you all updated throughout the week as the plan is leaning toward surgery later in the week for Katie. I hope you all have a wonderful day. God Bless and be well!!!

Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

April Smith said...

I am so sorry that she is having complications. I am so glad to hear that they have an idea what is causing it and a treatment plan in mind. I pray that everything goes as planned and she makes a quick recovery...