Thursday, January 21, 2010

An Update for Mr. or Ms. Anonymous! :-)

This is Cousin Gretchin! Hello to the anonymous poster who reminded me that it's been 10 whole days since we've updated!! I must have sensed it too, because I couldn't help but check out the comments today!

I sincerely apologize - it's time for an update! :-)

I don't have a lot of information. Sarah has been busy, busy, busy, because... the babies are due to come home in about 2 WEEKS! (possibly 3 weeks, but let's say 2!!!)

I think Sarah mentioned before that the babies were having some eye problems, that Nicholas may have to have surgery. The doctor did an exam this week, and all of the babies' retinas are in tact! No eye surgery for Nicholas or the girls! They'll do follow up exams at their 6-month checkup, and possibly in the future, they may need glasses for near-sightedness.

Nicholas does have to have his hernia surgery before he leaves, so please pray for him!

They're all eating on their own (with some help from feeding tubes). Nicholas can eat entirely on his own now, and the girls are still working on it. As soon as they're able to eat enough on their own with no help from the tubes, they *should* be able to go home.

The nurses have told Sarah & Louie what amazing parents they are (we knew that!) :-) They've been with those babies every step of the way, and I know that's why they made such great progress.

The nurses also reminded them how well these kids have done. Some babies go home still needing oxygen or other support.

All 3 babies will go home, as newborns, in their carseats!

Much love to all of you! Sarah, Louie, and I will be getting together again soon, and we'll update further! And as soon as I get a chance, I'm going to hold those babies, and take lots and lots of more pics to post!

Have a great week/weekend!

Love,
Gretch

6 comments:

Rick and Rene said...

Great news!!!! Thanks Gretchin. I can't wait to hold them too! Keep up the great work Sarah and Louie. XOXO Rick and Rene

April Smith said...

This is such spectacular news! I am absolutely amazed at how well these babies have done...they truly are miracles! It is great to hear that they will be able to go home without all of the added stress of additional machines or oxygen support etc. I can not wait to read the update that says that they are home! I think that we are all in need of more pictures :)

Barb L. said...

I agree with the nurses. You two are amazing people....and the adventure has just began.....Our continued prayers will remain with each of the fantastic five!!
Can't wait to see each of them in person.

Anonymous said...

I too have been anxiously awaiting a new post. I have so enjoyed following the progress of your three miracles. Your love has sustained these babies. They couldn't ask for better parents. So glad to hear they will be going home soon.
Love,
Lisa S.

Anonymous said...

Sarah and Louie,

That is wonderful that they are doing so well. They are 3 beautiful little angels and I know they will be healthy and strong. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers..
I am glad to know that they will be coming home soon as I know that you all are excited about it as well..

Take Care of yourselves and those angles..

Rachel W.

Anonymous said...

iam so glad to hear the babies will be coming home!!!! thats so exciting... sarah and louise and wonderful parents... cant wait for them tocome home and then everyone can see them..
love jess ,donnie, joey,madison