Thursday, December 31, 2009

Little Update!

I finally called Sarah last night after being on a too-long holiday break!

I got an update on the babies! First of all... Katie and Nicholas are breathing on their OWN! What an accomplishment! Anna was breathing on her own Tuesday, but she had a set back on Tuesday night. She is doing okay now, but the nurses and doctors had to help revive her. I'm sure she'll be back to trying to breathe on her own again soon!

And they all continue to grow! Katie is now 4lb, 5oz! Nicholas is 3lb, 15oz (almost to 4lb!).
I'm a terrible blogger and forgot to get Anna's weight - but I know she's progressing well, and I'll find out soon!

All 3 are having their eye exams, and the doctors do anticipate some problems (common with premies), but most likely they may just have to wear glasses. Nicholas may have to have laser eye surgery to help his vision.

Sarah says there are still daily struggles, but I know I (and I'm sure all of you) just can't help celebrate the progress these three have made over the last few months! Sarah says Nicholas especially is just so happy to be breathing on his own! He's been fighting for this goal since day 1!

I also made sure to remind Sarah that these kids are going to make up for all this down time when they get out of the hospital and to be ready for a wild time at home. Her response: "Well I'm bringing you with me, Gretch!" Haha! I love this beautiful family and can't wait to see them all, happy and at home!

Sarah promises more pics soon. We're planning a dinner date to update again next week!

A wonderful, safe, and Happy New Year to you all! 2010 is sure to be filled with fantastic miracles! To think we've seen the first 3! -Makes me feel so blessed!

Love to you all!
Gretchin

5 comments:

fayfamily said...

Thanks so much for the update! - we sometimes check a couple times a day!
Glad everyone is doing great!
Happy New Year to all of you!
The Fays

Rebecca Dashnaw Mendez said...

I also check frequently to see how the weeones are doing! I was worried when I saw that poor Anna was having troubles breathing on her own :( Hope the new year starts of great!! Before you know it you will be home!!

Becky

Unknown said...

Sarah + Louie, You are both the best parents. We continue to think and pray for you all daily. Can't wait to hold our newest family members in 2010!! We Love You All, Uncle Tony + Aunt Sher

Kristy Holzer& Family said...

Ma and Pa Holzer said Happy New Years :) and to tell you that you are in their prayers daily ...Dad says he can't wait to meet everyone .....he's doing so good ....your in our prayers also ...I'm gonna send out our gifts to your mom and dad Louie in hopes that you will get them when you all come home ..Happy New Years

Anonymous said...

Keep fighting the fight, starting to know this too much first hand. Stay strong. Lorraine Mihill